Hello, my name is Dave and I’m a wedding photographer in Redditch who love taking photographs.
In fact l love taking them so much I started photographing weddings around 5 years ago. Back in the day I used to shoot film cameras (actually I still do for fun now) but when digital cameras arrived it really fuelled my passion. I used to shoot anything that took my fancy but my real passion is people and that’s how my story developed into weddings.
Photographing weddings and capturing those special moments is something I’ve really fallen for. Photographs are important whatever they are of, but a wedding photograph creates a memory to be cherished and enjoyed for the years to come.
What do I shoot?
Who doesn’t love a wedding eh? I really love to shoot weddings as they encompass such great elements within a day.
My style is very much “less formal, more informal”. Being more informal and less formal means a more photo journalistic wedding photography style. I like to stay out of the way capturing the spirit and excitement of a wedding day. I’d far rather take a photograph of you, your family and your friends having a great laugh, sharing a joke or a big old hug than I would standing formally in line for a group photograph.
We all like to travel right? So nothing better than when I’m away somewhere new or well known to me to look for those photographic elements that make a city/town/village. It’s still about people for me, but with a few scenic photographs thrown in too.
Cars & Automotive
In another life I’d have been a car photographer, spending my days taking photographs of cars and things related to the automotive world. I love old classic cars and really enjoy photographing them.
Ten things about me.
- When I’m not out with my camera I’m making leather goods and products
- I love coffee! Especially made with stove pot coffee pots
- I live in leafy Worcestershire, but am a born and bred yam, yam.
- I really don’t like horror films, they scare me far too much!
- Blue really is my favourite colour – I wear blue every single day!
- I like to dabble with cooking and make a really mean Mac’n’Cheese **(hit me up for the recipe if you like)**
- Technology is awesome, but give me a notebook & a nice fountain pen and I’ll fill it.
- I love travelling, here in the UK & overseas. My travel bucket list includes Cuba, India & Japan.
- Autumn is my favourite season.
- I’m colourblind, which makes me really love black and white photography.
You can find out more about me through my facebook page, my Twitter feed or my instagram page or if you have a wedding coming up and would like to get to know me more and the natural, relaxed wedding photographs I like to take on a wedding day, then why not get in touch and let’s chat. I’d love to hear from you.